The last German Forces had not yet left Paris when Jean Stampe recommenced producing his aircraft. Twelve not yet completed Stampe SV.4 were hidden in Surésnes, 12 kilometers outside of Paris, during the war. These planes were completed by Stampe after France’s surrender and later became the first post-war training aircraft for the French Air Force.
In 1945, the state run SNCAN (Sociéte Nationale de Construction Aéronautique du Nord) which was based in Chatillon sous Bagneux on the Seine, began producing the SV.4 once again. Between 1945 and 1949, 701 SV.4 aircraft with Renault engines were produced for the army.
As late as 1947, a producer in the French colony in Algeria was given a licensing contract for 151 aircraft. These 151 aircraft were also completed and delivered to the army. The construction of over 300 further aircraft which was begun there, however, was never completed. But these unfinished Algerian aircraft would later be a useful source of spare parts for the worldwide Stampe fleet well into the 1990s.
After the end of the war in 1947, Stampe made a new start and met up with his old friend and aircraft designer Alfred Renard. Together they established a new company called Stampe et Renard & Co. SA, again in Antwerp. Now the SV.4B was designed and built using an English Gypsy Major Series X engine with 145hp (also used in the Tiger Moth). This new plane now also had a cockpit cover.
The Belgian Air Force wanted to replace its Tiger Moths with the new SV.4B and ordered 65 planes from Stampe et Renard for the Ècole de Pilotage Elémentaire in 1947.
The last SV.4B was completed in October of 1955 for the Belgian Air Force. In 1946 Stampe began parallel production of the SV.4B and the new SV.4C, which was fitted with a Renault engine.
In Algeria, the aircraft were produced under the French state run Société Nationale de Construction Aéronautique du Nord’s license by the Algérien Atelier Industrie de l’Air. This company produced the serial numbers 1001 to 1150.
In 1947, all Algerians were granted French citizenship, and Algeria became a French Departement. Stampe was of the opinion that the aircraft produced in Algeria were of the best quality. He had registered quality complaints with the SNCAN about their aircraft on numerous occasions and had praised the high quality of the Algerian-built airplanes.
The Algerians used cedar wood to construct their planes. This wood was much more resilient than the woods used in France and Belgium.
After the war, France founded the Sociéte de la Formation Aéronautique, an air force flying school that later used over 510 Stampe SV.4 aircraft.